Friday, April 29, 2011

Appreci[ate]



The hopeless romantic in me woke up at 6 to eat breakfast before a pre-anticipated run and of course catch a glimpse of the royal wedding....

And than fell asleep on the couch until 8:30 :( The sleep deprived cram sessions caught up with me.

But after 3 hours life guarding at the pool, class, workout, packing (minimal...but made the effort) than going for a run in the rain.... I was thankful for the extra couple hours of sleep.

Which made me think of What Else I'm Thankful For:

1. Family


Siblings are the best link to your past and the ones that will stick with you in the future

2. The ability to fall/feel/be/give love.
 [The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return]

Everything happens for a reason

3. My Un-Biological Fam Members


My Roomie, B-Lew Through Thick and Thin and Thousands of Miles Apart....You'll still be my best friend/common law sister

The friends that no matter how long between the times you see them and miles apart...you can still talk for hours and about anything like you did when you were 17


And my team mates :)

4. My Body


It's been a long time coming and I've had to go through alot in order to say this. But my body is the greatest tool that I have. It allows me to run, to push myself through tough workouts, to sweat, to feel the rush of endorphins. These legs are strong, and they can take me anywhere.

4. And than there's the little things that make me smile

Getting all my servings of vegetables in a hella' beast of a salad


No matter what the temperature...Tea is necessary. Swear to god, the stuff warms my soul.


Flowers can always put a huge smile on my face. These ones are the ones that my team game me and the room mate on Senior Day along with a beautiful picture collage and a homemade t shirt.
I bawled my eyes out teared up a bit.





The feeling of reaching the top of the mountain, sprinting that last mile, striding out further even though you legs feel like jelly, pushing out those last reps and striving to reach that new level and making it/ succeeding/achieving your goal.

And running in the rain. Makes me feel invincible. Plus you get to jump in puddles like a little kid.

What are you thankful for?? What are the little things in your day that make you smile?









2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    I love a huge salad too! I eat one every day!

    I am thankful for each day that I wake up and am given another day in this beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salads are crucial! Thanks for checking out my blog...you're one of the first, as I'm a newbie blogger

    We are all very lucky for every day that comes our way:)

    ReplyDelete