Friday, March 18, 2011

Pavement Dreams


Staying in on a Friday night to blog, work on some future decision shtuff (ickkk) and so that I can wake up early enough for a solid morning run...oooh I'm one of them crazy 22 year olds. But this is definitly something I've been looking forward to every since the first big snow fall. No joke, the snow piles to over your head here and the temperature drops to -25 F (Gross!). So I've been struggling through treadmill interval workouts, some elliptical and of course my favorite Spinning to get my cardio kick. And there was a few stints in 7 degree F weather that I tried my hand at running only to realize that with the windchill in the minuses that it just hurts your lungs. So now its up in the 40s and it's time to lace up my new pretty black Asics, zip up running jacket and throw on my lululemons and get my heart pumping in the way that's like breathing to me.
 I discovered a love for running at 17, when it became a release and a time to think. When I'm running, it's just me and my ipod and my thoughts. It gives me time to myself to sort through the worries, thoughts and emotions that roll through my head on a daily basis. It allows those bottled up feelings to breathe and make sense. Also, when I get mad or sad or frustrated, it's hard to identify what to say or what to do or how I'm really feeling (usually I get mad/sad/frustrated all at once) and irrational thoughts fly into my head and sometimes projectiles out of my mouth...and its just gets messy. Running has helped me sort the irrationialness and directs some sense into some matters. Lastly, it's also my time to just reflect. On who I was, who I am...and where the heck I'm supposed to go (it's a good thing the snow melted now, I really need that run). So at 7am, those streets best be ready, they've got a lot of thoughts and questions that are gonna be thrown their way.

That's me in the all white running in 2009's Scotia Bank Half Marathon :)


Anyways, I'm feeling adventurous with some cooking. I think this weekend I'm going to bake some dessert flat bread and create some sort of spaghetii squash creation! I shall let you know what I come up with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment