Monday, July 18, 2011

Witness my Fitness [Part One]

Helloo all!


I think this huge transition in my life calls for a little fitness challenge to kick out some stress in different ways!

Witness my Fitness will include different fitness methods every week, different points of views on them and ways to best fuel these workouts.

This week:

HIIT Training



HIIT Training or High Intensity Interval Training is a method that involves doing an exercise with as much as much speed and exertion and possible for a short length of time. HIIT training sessions only last about 20-30 minutes with high intensity intervals ranging from 20 to 30 seconds of increased exertion.


Today's Workout:

I took a different approach today because I was wanting to get in some lifting at the same time


Warm up: 10 minutes on elliptical

Super Setting Method
1. Bar Dead Lift
2. Tricep Dip on Bench with legs on balance ball
3. Side dips on bench

10 minutes of dreadmill action: 2 minutes moderate-1 minute intense x3


Super Setting Method
1. Walking weighted lunges with bicep curl and military press
2. Weighted reverse supermans
3. Push ups

Burpee Challenge:  10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 with 20 second break between

Kettlebell Series
20 double hand swings
20 single hand swings
Sumo squats with tricept raises
Sumo Squat Jumps
Lungs with front leg weaves
Side dips


Stay tuned for tomorrow's HIIT workout

 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm looking forward to the next one b/c I'm always looking for new HIIT workouts :)

    ReplyDelete