Thursday, June 9, 2011

Prayers, Experimenting and Hockey Love

Lately before I run, I find myself praying...

"Lord, please give my legs strength and resilience for what I'm about to put them through. Please let this run accomplish what I need it to...physically, mentally and lately emotionally. Suck my eyes dry of tears, let thoughts that need to surface come clear, cool any anger off into rationality and let the elation of endorphins take over my body."

Running has helped me at other times of my life, and I am so thankful I discovered how positively the experience of it effects me. With some changes in my life, I have to admit that my brain is overwhelmed with how many different directions my neurons are shooting in my brain and how many emotions are filling my head and heart. I know with patience (never been my strength), things will become clear. Hopefully.

Anyways, on a lighter note....

I had my friend Kendra over for dinner after our Jillian Micheals workout sesh, and to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I am converting her to a Canucks fan by bribery of my cooking :)

The main course:


Spaghetti Squash Veggie Bake
Spaghetti Squash
Assorted steamed veggies
Herb flavoured goat cheese
Daiya Cheese
Italian Herb Spices
1. Cut the squash into halves and cook in the oven at 400 degrees face down in a deep pan with approximately 1" of water for 45 minutes or until the squash is soft enough for scooping out the "squash noodles"
2. In a pan, put squash, veggies, goat cheese and spices and top with a layer of Daiya Cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey looking

Easy and Delicious!!

And than this happened....



Vegan Cashew "Ice Cream" Bars (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Cashew Top:
1 cup of cashews soaked overnight
1 frozen banana
1 TSP lemon juice
1 TSP vanilla extract
Dairy Free/GF chocolate Chip
Crust:
3/4 cup Raw Pecan Butter (compliments of the wonderful Artisana company)
Dark Chocolate Cocoa powder
2 TBSP maple Syrup

1. Blend the crust ingredients in a blender/magic bullet device
2. Line a 6" pan/Tupperware etc with plastic wrap and line the bottom evenly with the mixture
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour or toss in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes
4. Toss the cashews in the blender and blend until smooth
5. Add in all other ingredients except chocolate chips and blend until smooth consistency
6. Mix in the chocolate chips
7. Layer evenly over the crust and place into freezer until it reaches desired texture (I prefer it more frozen)

The verdict:


Success!

Only disappointment was the score of the hockey game. I still have hope in my hometown's team for game 5. GO CANUCKS!

What helps you sort out thoughts in your head? Who are you cheering for the Stanley Cup?


No comments:

Post a Comment