Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Protein in Muffin Form

After teaching spin this morn, I was in serious need of a protein boost. Now I've been hearing about this protein muffin  around the blogosphere for awhile now and I actually tried it yesterday. While it was delicious as is, I decided to do my own take on protein laden muffin.
Here's what I conjured:

Microwave Blueberry Flaxseed Protein Muffin
1 egg white
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior)
1 TBSP coconut flour
1 TBSP ground flax
1/2 TSP baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
handful of bloobs (blueberries...)
1. Grease a bowl lightly (I used Earth Balance, other sprays/butter etc will work too)
2. Whisk ingredients together except blueberries
3. Add blueberries and distribute evenly in mixture
4. Microwave for 2 minutes (may take longer/shorter depending on microwave
5. Add any toppings if desired

**Notes:
1. I didn't use any sweetener because Sunwarrior is already sweetened with Stevia, but any granulated sugar/sweetener to desired amount will work.
2. This recipe is adaptable to other flours
3. Pureed pumpkin can also be used in lieu of apple sauce
4. Other fillings can also be used 


Almond butter and coconut flake deliciousness!!
According to rough calculation, this breakie is approximately 260 calories (including the AB) with 14 grams of protein....breakfast WIN!

On another note, I'm hoping the sun will come out for my first day as a golf course intern :) I love new experiences <3

Spin Song of the Day: Grace Kelly by Mika --> perfect for a standing climbs








No comments:

Post a Comment