Sunday, May 22, 2011

Feelin' Nutty

On Friday, I had a package waiting for me in my campus mailbox, sent from Artisana, full of a generous amount of samples to review. I am so excited to try each and every one. I will make sure to post my reviews on them as  I go!


I enjoyed the Macadamia Nut Butter Sample on a banana with Cascadia Organic Raspberry Preserves and it was delicious. I wish I had more of this stuff!
Now Coconut Butter is something I've heard alot regarding health benefits. This product is said to reduce cholesterol and heart disease, as well as supporting immunity, promoting calcium absorption and contributing to weight loss. I am currently looking for recipes and ways to supplement this in my daily diet, so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

I also did some recipe experimentation this weekend with this:


These were based off of CCK's Chocolate Chip Blondies , except I used 2 packets of Truvia, a swig of maple syrup and a mashed banana. This turned out just okay because I tried to blend it in just a Magic Bullet type device....so it was bean chunky. I enjoyed the taste though, and I made the boyfriend try a bite and he said I succeeded. Next time, I will get my hands on a food processor though!

Anyways, my bed is calling my name. Goodnight!!

What are some fun ideas for uses for my new nut butter collection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment