Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things have a funny way of [working out]

Funny moment of the day + life lesson....when my room mate overloaded our dorm floor's washing machine to the brim and it sent a high pitched-ear curdling-nails on a chalk board-screeching throughout the entire dorm. No joke, thought the fire alarm was going off! Lesson... don't fill the washer too full, it will become very angry and scream at you!

Now down to business:

My body is aching for craving a physical challenge. Lately I've been in a mood for a heart gurgling, loss of breath, body exhausting work out. And I am searching the possibilities to see what exactly meets my standards of ballz-to-the-wallz, drenched in sweat endorphin rush.

Ideas So Far:
Bodyrock TV: I've been hearing alot of good things about their work outs, and the girl that hosts the workout is jacked beyond belief (holy abdominals)
The Insanity Workout Series
Turbofire


Also, here's a little tidbit about me....I am extremely competetive. After being on the injured list for softball for 3 months, I am restless for the need to compete, to strive, to have a goal bigger than myself. So I'm thinking my goal for when I go home, is to run a race every month. I'll start with 10 K races and work to improve my time and go from there.
Do-able...I think so! I am excited :)

And to power me through my workouts, this college girl on a budget (I can still say this for a couple days longer) is whipping up my quick energy fix to power me through a workout. And plus, there's no scary ingredients that you can't pronounce in it. Here it is:


Yum Balls
1/2 cup of dates
1/2 of cashews
rough tsp of vanilla
1/3 cup of carob chips
random handful of coconut flakes..rougly 1/3 cup
I first threw the dates into the magical blender bullet (kenmore brand of the magic bullet) and processed it until it became paste like. Than without washing it out, I threw in the dates and pulsed them until they became dust. Than I threw it all in a bowl, tossed the vanilla, coconut and carob chips in and kneaded it together until mixed. Instead of bar shaped, which would also be option I molded them into ball form, covered them in plastic and threw them in the freezer.
and Ta-Daaaa...instant energy!!

Any suggestions for a workout challenge? Whats your favorite energy foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment